Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hey guys!

It's good to hear from you. The first week we got to send a letter but not an email. My P-Day is on Monday so expect letters then!

I did get Shanette's rolls, and they were awesome! It's like the best thing in the world to get a letter or a package...especially packages. Which reminds me, you guys can send me more protein bars if you want:) Also, I left my Utah Utes shorts at home, the Spanish hymn book (which I thought I didn't need OOPS!) and my nail clippers...If you guys could send them that would be great:) THANKS! Shanette didn't leave an address to reply to, so tell her thanks! I haven't gotten Kellene's letter but I did get yours and grandpa's through the Dear Elder. If you can tell them to use that to send letters, because it gets here faster. The address that I wrote on the letter is the right one by the way.

I only get a couple of minutes on the computer here so I'm going to try to sum it up fast. I had to go to the E.R. just a couple days ago because that cold turned into an ear infection. Then one night it bled through my pillow and they ran me to the E.R. I lost most my hearing in my right ear, and they don't know if it will come back all the way. I'm on some anitbiotics now and hopefully it will get rid of it before it does anymore damage. I know that this will turn out in a blessing somehow though, so I'm not too worried about it.

There were some really awesome talks we heard last night at a devotional. We heard Elder Holland talk and it was really inspiring. He talked about how we need to "leave it on the field". It reminded me a ton of football and giving it your all.

Also, the language is coming fast. Really fast. I already taught two lessons completely in Spanish to an "investigator" (a convert that was acting). It is hard and sometimes frustrating but I am working hard and getting it done;)

The MTC is awesome, there are a ton of great kids here. The food is fine. Nothing to complain about I guess. Im pretty busy most of the day, and lots of guys complain about it but I love staying busy. This way I don't think about too much else. It's good to be busy. The best thing is that I have plenty of time to workout everyday. Somedays I can get in two workouts, which helps me to clear my mind sometimes when my companion drives me nuts.

Before I forget, will you get Morty's address for me?

Last, we had a talk by this guy in the MTC Presidency, just our district (which is 10 people). He said that we were a special group. That the reason we only have 6 weeks is because we were saved for the last days and were able to learn faster. It was pretty inspiring.

I wish I could talk longer, but I don't get a ton of time to write. There are tons of people here! Any food or just letters you want to send me will be very much apprciated!

Love you guys!

Elder JAKEY BENSON

No comments:

Post a Comment